Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hello everyone!  Thank you so much for visiting; I hope you'll come back soon, when I will hopefully have more posts for you.

I'd like to start by introducing my little household to you, as I will be frequently mentioning these creatures and how they've made me smile on any given day.

This is Kitty.  He's a troublemaker, but he's awfully cute.

Kitty was my first cat ever!  The boy and I picked him up from a shelter when he was just five weeks old.  I had done so much research about how to take care of him and make sure he was happy, but it turns out that he makes his own happiness...and mine too.

Yes, his name is Kitty.  We tried to give him a proper name, like "Fry," but he only answers to "Kitty," hence the name.


This is that guy I live with.
I've been with him for almost a decade. 

This guy is pretty great.  We grew up in almost the same area of NNY, and he moved with me when I was accepted to the Master's program.  He's been supportive along the whole way, and I'm so glad to have him. 

He's also my taste tester.  He's eaten both my accomplished and failed (and I mean FAILED) dishes with a smile on his face.  

There are  three levels of praise that the guy will assign to a dish.  If it displeases him, he will suggest that I "not make this one for a while."  If he likes it, he will rarely say anything at all.  If he loves it, he will ask for it again.

You know it's good when he asks for it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment